CIEC Promoting Science: Welcome
CIEC promotes science teaching in primary and secondary schools in the context of industry in the 21st century.
CIEC aims to:
- improve the quality of science education
- inspire and enthuse school children and their teachers about science
- enable schools and industry to work in partnership
We achieve these aims through:
- an extensive CPD programme for primary teachers, including Children Challenging Industry
and our provision for the Science Learning Centre network
- the provision of a wide range of print and web-based teaching and learning resources
- activities tailored to the needs of schools, local authorities and industry
NEW WEB SITE
The Essential Chemical Industry website is now live.
Aimed at GCSE (upper band), A-level, 1st year undergraduate and recruits to industry, this carries on the tradition of our highly respected publication.
Science of Healthy Skin activity book and website are now live.
For 9-11 year olds this resource allows childen to explore some of the processes and challenges faced within the speciality chemical industry, and allows for the development and implementation of both creative ideas andinnovative solutions to scientific and industrial problems.